Article delegate-en/1241 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Updating Delegate-based Translating Proxy Problems
16 Jul 2001 06:23:41 GMT pzmbabdyi-6rjyzcpzgc3r.ml@ml.delegate.org

> Hi,
>
> On 07/16/01(12:39) you pzmbabdyi-6rjyzcpzgc3r.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
> in <_A1239@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |I would like to upgrade the delegate version to 7.3.5. The above command line
>  |did not work with 7.3.5 - no reply ever comes back to the browser, and the
>  |external call to sed never exits (I can see sed in the process list for a
>  |loooooooong time).
>
> It is because recent DeleGate support HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 with
> Connection:Keep-Alive with servers.  You can suppress the feature
> with HTTPCONF=svver:1.0 which force reqeusts to servers in HTTP/1.0.
> Similary, HTTPCONF=clver:1.0 supports non HTTP/1.1 client while
> talking with a server in HTTP/1.1, suppressing Chunked encoding.

Ahh. That makes sense now - further testing showed the old script working
on some sites but not others, and I hadn't yet determined why.

>  |Can you advise me on the best way to translate the 'HTML/1.1' http header
>  |to always read 'HTTP/1.0' in delegate 7.3.5?
>
> HTTPCONF=ver:1.0
>
> which represents both svver:1.0 and clver:1.0 seems to work well
> in your case.

Indeed, a quick test bears that out - I should have upgraded much sooner!
This appears to be _very_ nice - it's late here though, so I'll test more
thoroughly tomorrow.

Thank you very much, once again, for your prompt and accurate reply - it's
greatly appreciated. And all of the Magic Link users who use this proxy
thank you as well (well, they would, if they knew what was going on here :P)

-Derek

|  Derek J Decker        pzmbabdyi-6rjyzcpzgc3r.ml@ml.delegate.org            Decker Automation    |
|                     Tel/Fax: 000/000-0006          585 Winterhill Lane  |
|             http://www.iglou.com/DeckerAutomation  Lexington, KY 40509  |