Article delegate-en/1227 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Authorized Usernames/passwords list on ftp proxy for single login?
04 Jul 2001 04:02:12 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/04/01(09:57) you Fernando Cassia <pzicabdyi-ufvkztwl663r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1226@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Is it possible to create a "authorized logins" file and make delegate
 |use that for ftp proxy,
 |but using a single account on the destination ftp server?
 |
 |In other words, lets say I'd like to give users joe, susan, frank,
 |access to ftp site whose only
 |authorized login is "ftp://authorized-user:blahblah@0..". What I
 |want to do is give those users their own login/password on the DELEGATE
 |ftp proxy, but in the end the delegate ftp proxy should connect all 3 to
 |the ftp server using "ftp://authorized-user:blahblah@0..".

AUTHORIZER="authorizer-host"

(See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#AUTHORIZER>)
This parameter requires the client to login to DeleGate first before
connecting the target server.  "authorizer-host" is a host running a
FTP server which accepts logins by joe, susan and frank.

FTP-clients must do login twice as follows:

  220 FTP-server ready
> USER joe
  331 [Proxy] Password required for joe.
> PASS password-of-joe@authorizer-host
  230-[Proxy] User joe logged in.
  230 Now you can login a target FTP server with USER user@host

> USER authorized-user@0..
  331 Password required for authorized-user
> PASS blahblah
  230 User authorized-user logged in.

If a client does not accept the second login, doing change-directory
with a special format including account infomation may be used.

> CWD //authorized-user:blahblah@0..
  250 User authorized-user logged in.

 |If that's not currently available, would that option be too difficult to
 |implement?.

With DeleGate/7.4.0, which is almost ready to be released, doing
authorization based on DeleGate's local authorization files rather
than real authorizer-hosts will become easy.