Article delegate-en/1226 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Authorized Usernames/passwords list on ftp proxy for single login?
04 Jul 2001 00:57:07 GMT Fernando Cassia <pzicabdyi-6rjyzcjrwc3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Here is the situation:

I have an ftp account at a server "username:password@linux..".

I want to give a select number of users access to that account, but
passing thru a delegate server.

Is it possible to create a "authorized logins" file and make delegate
use that for ftp proxy,
but using a single account on the destination ftp server?

In other words, lets say I'd like to give users joe, susan, frank,
access to ftp site whose only
authorized login is "ftp://authorized-user:blahblah@0..". What I
want to do is give those users their own login/password on the DELEGATE
ftp proxy, but in the end the delegate ftp proxy should connect all 3 to
the ftp server using "ftp://authorized-user:blahblah@0..".

If that's not currently available, would that option be too difficult to
implement?.

Regards
Fernando

   This message composed and delivered with Netscape 6.1 PR1
Supports multiple POP3/IMAP4 + @Netscape.net and @aol.com accounts!
Java2 from Sun. Integrated AIM Instant Messenger module (Optional)
 "The Outlook and IE-Killer". Faster than all previous versions!

See it for yourself: Grab the full standalone version at
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.1_PR1/windows/win32/sea/N6SetupB.exe