Article delegate-en/1197 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: FTP through SOCKS Delegate
14 Jun 2001 07:42:20 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/07/01(14:49) you ppmcabdyi-y44oklggfdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A1191@delegate-en.ML_>
 |More detailed description of problem.
 |I want: Client (IE) for ftp connection use socks to connect to Delegate on
 |port 1080.
 |Socks Delegate connect to Master Delegate on port 8128( I read about such
 |configuration in documentation)
 |Master Delegate must reach destination ftp server through ftp protocol.
 |
 |Problem: Master Delegate use tcprelay protocol to reach destination ftp
 |server.

Since you are using DeleGate as a Socks server, i.e. a circuit level
proxy which does not care any application level protocol like FTP,
there is no chance for the DeleGate (or for any circuit level proxies)
to do FTP specific action.
It is like IP routers can relay any TCP protocols without understanding
the contents.

 |My configurations:
 |
 |Master:
 |+=/etc/delegated/commonconf
 |CACHE=no
 |RELIABLE=.
 |FTPCONF=nopasv:sv

"FTPCONF=nopasv" only works when used with the FTP-DeleGate which
interprets the FTP protocol.

 |Socks:
 |+=/etc/delegated/commonconf
 |ROUTE=delegate://172.20.62.100:8128/-_-*:*

You must have specified SERVER=socks or so, otherwise it did not work
as a Socks-DeleGate.