Article delegate-en/1164 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: POP/SSL Relay
21 May 2001 07:40:45 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 05/16/01(19:44) you "Maxime Dubois" <pqicabdyi-bkxfmxnmnjxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1154@delegate-en.ML_>
 |How can I make DeleGate acting as a POP relay with communication between client and Proxy encrypted (SSL)?
 |And the same for STMP?

See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/> about how to use SSL
with DeleGate, using "SSLway" filter program, just like "FCL=sslway".
If your client program requires explicit negotiation about SSL usage, by
"STARTTLS" (RFC2487,2595) command, add "-st" option like "FCL=sslway -st".

 |Could it be possible to previously authenticate the client on the proxy by asking him to present a certificate on https and only allow him to use pop and smtp relays if authenticated?

Yes.  Use "-Vrfy" and "-CApath" options of "SSLway".  See documents
of openSSL or SSLeay about how to configure "-CApath".