Article delegate-en/1133 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate as FTPS-proxy blocks
08 May 2001 06:50:16 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 04/20/01(20:34) you dirk laurijssen <piucabdyi-h3lizqrpss3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1115@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I did some comparison between various FTPS-clients. They all seem to live up to
 |the IETF-recommandations, meaning that they all no longer support implicit FTP,
 |and went to supporting RFC2228.
 |
 |Basically like you mentioned before they are waiting for an AUTH TLS of some sort
 |to initiate the SSL-session.
 |
 |I'm aware that it will mean a lot of effort, but do you think that it is
 |feasible/possible to support this behaviour in delegate ?

I expect it will not take so much time to cope with "AUTH TLS"
of FTP from the expecience of implementation of "START TLS" of
SMTP etc.
I'll try to implenet it if you could introduce some freely
available FTPS-client/server softwares.