Article delegate-en/1025 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] BASIC AUTH - URL REWRITING PROBLEMS
15 Feb 2001 16:18:38 GMT KURY <p6ybqbdyi-bfkmiccn6c3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello Yutaka,

You forgot the slashes in the left hand side below. I have MOUNT="/* *" which
works. However, I mentioned I am already able to do this but I have a lot of
other problems as written in my previous mail. I will repeat them briefly. The
questions are listed according to their importance starting from first to
last.

1. Basic AUTH for password protected sites do not work when accessing delegate
from a proxy server. I have tried all options including authgens and such to
no avail. Is there a way to make password protected sites work for my users? I
have no control over the external proxy server they are using to connect to
our service.

2. URL rewriting does not work. Almost 1/3 of the sites I visit have broken
links. For example, wwww.microsoft.com or when you try to login to
www.netaddress.com . Delegate is not detecting pages referred in javascript or
other scripting languages. Is there a solution to this? Are you able to get
those sites working properly?

3. How would it be possible to replace <ISINDEX> tags with <FORM> tags in
nonCERNproxy.dhtml? Where do we have to post and how do we have to post?

4. How can we disable ident lookups altogether in DeleGate? When used with
HTTP auth, DeleGate is doing ident lookups and sometimes blocking even though
my ident timeout is 1 second. None of my users have identd installed on their
machines.

5. Wouldn't it be possible to adapt ncsa_auth to delegate and authenticate
against a local file as well and cache the results for a certain amount of
time instead of asking it in every request? If this cannot be done, wouldn't
it be possible the results for a specified amount of time when using HTTP
authorizer?

I understand you must be swamped with work however I do not have any other
place to turn to. Thanks in advance for your time.

Kury

ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) wrote:
Hi,

On 02/08/01(14:54) you KURY <p6ybqbdyi-bfkmiccn6c3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1014@delegate-en.ML_>
 |2. Do URL rewriting with delegate so our users can use
 |http://mydelegate.com/http:www.yahoo.com

MOUNT="/http:* http://*"

will do.

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_