Article delegate-en/1011 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Replacement of Layer4 switch
08 Feb 2001 02:29:53 GMT "Steven Schmidt" <p6mbqbdyi-bfkmich56c3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I work for a small ISP and we are looking at replacing our Layer 4 switch. I
would like to use a linux implementation.
The switch, (Alteon Acedirector) does both layer3 switching and also does
layer4 port switching. The layer 3 switching
can be handled by our Cisco catalyst boxes, but the proxy redirection
cannot.
i.e. All port 80 traffic regardless of destination ip address are redirected
to seperate proxy systems for processing.

Does delegate handle large scale port and IP redirection?

Regards
Steve.