[delegate-en/3359]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] FTP Proxy TLS/AUTH problem
05 Jul 2006 12:57:19 GMT Steve Brown <pd4gqbdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi All,

Our Proxy was working really well, until we had reason to turn on TLS
support for FTP. Using DeleGate/9.2.3-pre8 (July 3, 2006).

Starting the proxy with:

#!/bin/bash
~delegate/delegated STLS=fcl -P21  SERVER=ftp CACHE=no\
 OWNER='delegate/delegate' \
 DGROOT='/home/delegate/ftp' \
 LOGDIR='logs' \
 LOGFILE='[date+%Y-%m.ftp]' \
 PROTOLOG='xferlog.[date+%Y-%m.ftp]' \
 WORKDIR='work' \
 CACHEDIR='cache' \
 MAXIMA='listen:64' \
 PERMIT="ftp:*:*"

to provide TLS, also appears to change the AUTH behaviour, so that any
user trying to connect to an external site gets a 534 AUTH first error:

 220-extended FTP [MODE XDC][XDC/BASE64]
 220
 Name (ftpproxy.qinetiq.com:sbrown): ftp@demon..uk
 534 do AUTH first.
 Login failed.

How can I get the behaviour with TLS enabled to be the same as it was
before?

Steve