[delegate-en/210] [Reference:<_A209@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate5_8_5-os2.zip
08 Jan 1999 17:39:48 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

you pz4aabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |I downloaded the binary from a link on your Delegate home page,
 |http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~zodiac/delegate/, so I assumed it was an
 |officially sanctioned distribution.  As I don't have a compiler here a
 |> |readable, is it in Japanese as opposed to english?  The manual is in
 |> |english, but I am missing elementary understanding of the process.

I see.  It's a one distributed by Mr. Ueno <pxakabth4.ml@ml.delegate.org> who
originated and has been contributing on the DeleGate's porting to OS/2.
I'm grateful to him for his contribution and rely on his skill on OS/2
to which I'm totally unfamiliar.

 |of the binary download I obtained.  What I believe I am missing is details
 |specific to the OS/2 implementation, which I suspect are in the README.OS2
 |included with the above noted binary.  As this file is not in english I
 |have no documentation on how Delegate has been designed to run in an OS/2
 |environment.  My attempts to run it minus such documentation using only
 |the tutorial and manual have not been successful, typically resulting in a
 |SIGSEGV and a core dump.

I made a glance at his "README.OS2".
In short, it says that your environment must satisfy followings:

  1. Warp 3 or later
  2. TCP/IP V3 or later
  3. Disks formatted in HPFS
  4. Runtime DLL of "emx 09c fix 02" or later

Then prepare the local loopback of TCP/IP, if not yet configured,
for example manually with "ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up".
Further instructions in the document seems not specific to OS/2.